Northeastern Region: Trauma Informed Training
Wednesday, December 5, 2018
8:30am - 4:30pm
Interpreters, Translators, and Accommodations Available Upon Request.
RSVP by 5:00pm Wednesday, November 28, 2018
To be held at ADRC of Door County
916 N. 14th Ave.
Sturgeon Bay, WI
As part of the Wisconsin Hawthorn Project fall training series,
this full-day Trauma-Informed Care Training is specifically for staff and administrators of child-and-family serving entities in Wisconsin. Whether you are a child therapist, a home visitor, an early childhood educator, work in the welfare system, or are involved with children and families in some other way, this opportunity is for you.
In an effort to reduce the recapitulation of trauma in children and families who are seeking services, and in collaboration with the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families, Natural Wisdom Counseling will present a Core Curriculum on trauma, including:
1) Trauma 101 (types of trauma, symptoms of trauma and toxic stress, and Adverse Childhood Experiences)
2) Resiliency (protective factors, and cultivating resiliency)
3) Principles for Navigating Intersectional Adversity (an exploration of equity and systems of services)
4) Becoming a Trauma-Informed Organization (experiential activities, resources, and tools)
5) Information about upcoming opportunities and next steps.
NOTE: This training will cover both introductory and intermediate/advanced content.
Coffee and snacks will be provided.
Lunch is on your own.
The capacity for the training is 50 people. Registrants that exceed the 50-person maximum will be added to a waitlist.
For more information contact Jess at firstname.lastname@example.org